Ciao!!! Have you ever how a dessert with the warm and taste of coffee mixed with the delicious creamy taste of gelato, will taste like? It’s quite an exhilarating experience. Today we will learn how to make a very simple Italian coffee and Gelato recipe called Affogato
With this one, you don’t need to be stuck trying to have a decision of should I have coffee or ice cream for dessert after dinner because it gives you the best of both worlds. For some people it is a good afternoon snack
Affogato literary means ‘drowned’. I guess it’s because we drowning our nice favourite Gelato into a pool of delicious coffee. This is a quick and easy dessert to whip up when you hosting and entertaining or to use as a treat. Here is how to make it:
- Double Espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Gelato
- Grated chocolate or chocolate flakes
- Place one scoop of Vanilla Gelato in a chilled glass or cup or dessert bowl.
- Slowly pour the espresso or strong brewed coffee over the Vanilla scoop.
- Grate some chocolate pieces for garnish or a chocolate flake
- Serve the cup with a spoon
Trust me, This is quite a treat!!!!!!