Is it that time when you are yearning for a yummy desert or you want to reward yourself for making it through this week. You want to get your hands on a Strawberry Sorbet from IceZeit but you just can’t make it to you gelateria.
Not to worry!!!! IceZeit has your back. We have put together a simple nice recipe for you to make at home. This way you will think of us when you are enjoying your delicious strawberry sorbet at the comfort of your home. But of course, when you want the real deal, you know where to come lols.
- 6 cups of strawberry (it can be either fresh or frozen, approx. about 1kg)
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoon raw honey or ½ cup sugar
- Strawberry or mint leaves for garnish
- In a blender or food processor puree strawberries until it is smooth
- On medium heat, mix the water with the sugar until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let it cool down to room temperature and add the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Mix this syrup with the fruit puree and stir until its smooth.
- Strain the mixture, through a fine mesh strainer
- Place mixture in refrigerator for about 4 hours till it’s cold.
- As ice cream makers differ, please follow instructions written on your ice cream maker. Pour the sorbet mixture into the icemaker. Freeze until it resembles soft serve.
- Transfer into container and freeze until firm.
- Scoop into small bowls and garnish with strawberry or mint.
Don’t have an ice cream maker? They don’t call us the coolest place in town for nothing. We have just the hack for you:
Freeze the mixture in a shallow metal cake pan or ice cube tray if you don’t have an ice cream maker. Freeze until solid, this takes around 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth like soft serve. And freeze until firm.