In a tribute to Heritage Day this year, we have our Malva pudding gelato, yummy and deliciously and proudly South African. It is a sweet pudding which originated from the motherland. It usually contains apricot jam and has a spongy caramelized texture. the pudding has the structure of a cake and A cream sauce is often poured over it while it is hot, and it is usually served hot with custard and/or ice-cream.
Today, we offer you a recipe for Malva pudding with Ice cream to enjoy and celebrate heritage day!!
- 200g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 30ml (2 tbsp) apricot jam
- 150g cake flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 5ml (1 tsp) vinegar
- 100ml milk
- beat the sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy.
- Stir the jam into the mix.
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Melt the butter in the vinegar and add to the milk.
- Finally, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, then fold in the milk mixture.
- Pour into a 1,5-litre capacity oven-proof dish and bake for about 45 minutes.
Wait……….e not done yet. Now for the grand finale, the secret ingredient that is not so secret. 🙂
Pour your favourite cream sauce over the hot pudding and put IceZeit’s Granadilla ice cream.
Or even better, swing by the our IceZEit gelateria and have a taste of our Malva Pudding ice cream which is the best of both worlds.